5 Maintenance Services That Every Car Needs
Your car is a well-oiled machine—literally. While you might get in and turn the key without giving a second thought to the mechanics happening beneath the hood, there’s a lot going on under there. That’s why it’s so important to maintain your car regularly. From looking into clutch repair in Buckhead, GA to having your oil changed regularly, here are a few things that every car needs to continue running smoothly.
· The replacement of timing and serpentine belts. The timing belt in your car is responsible for preventing the exhaust mechanisms from coming into contact with pistons in the drive shaft. If they begin to wear, you run the risk of complete engine failure. That’s why most car manufacturers recommend replacing your timing belt every 40,000 to 60,000 miles. Have your belts examined by a mechanic regularly to prevent an untimely break down.
· Regular oil changes. While there is no universal mile marker to tell you when you should have your oil changed, it’s important to do so regularly. Usually, most cars need to have their oil changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. This ensures that your engine has clean oil to work with. In between oil changes, be sure to check your oil levels every week or so, just to make sure your engine isn’t burning through oil faster than it should.
· Battery maintenance. Most batteries don’t require much maintenance. However, it is a good idea to check them out every now and again. Ensuring that there is no mineral buildup is the best way to keep the juices flowing as they should.
· Replacing the cabin air filter. Your car uses air from outside to heat and cool the interior cab. If the air filter within your car is dirty, it prevents the outside air from being filtered before it’s blown through your car. Replace your filter regularly to prevent buildup and reduce the allergens that are spread throughout your cabin.
· Transmission checkups. While tire rotations and oil changes are things that most car owners do regularly, many fail to have their transmission thoroughly checked out.
Because the transmission is such a vital part of your car’s makeup, it’s important to have a mechanic inspect it regularly. These inspections often catch small issues before they become expensive repairs.
No matter what kind of car maintenance in Buckhead, GA your vehicle requires, find a trustworthy shop to perform it. Be sure to follow through with your regularly scheduled maintenance appointments. By caring for your car, you’ll find that it cares for you in return.